Monday, October 14, 2013

LIFE ISN'T FAIR


 
 
Hello! First off, Elder Claridge is now serving with Elder Dex Mark Mckell, of Orem, Utah. My best friend since preschool. That's not fair. He gets to serve with HIM? LIFE ISN'T FAIR. BUUTTTTTT the chances of Elder Mckell and I serving together are pretty good I think/hope/pray.
Monday we visited a lot of members in preparation for Elder Claridge to leave.
Tuesday we had a lesson with our investigator that has 6 kids. She asked us straight up, "What do you believe about Grace?" HAHA! this is our time to shine! after grace man #1 (see previous letters) Elder Claridge and I had this in the BAG! We talked about it, and then the member there (who is awesome) shared the scripture that says, "through grace we are saved, after all we can do." She/I didn't like the end, and we focused on how through Christ's grace we will all be resurrected. It was a SICK lesson, and she was really impressed and liked "our view" of grace. We went home and I studied and figured out what I THINK the end of that scripture means, which blew my mind.
Wednesday we went to Texas Roadhouse with Elder Barger and Elder Kilpatrick for the last time together, and had P-day.
Thursday we had transfer meeting, and I SAW ELDER MCKELL! (picture included) I also saw all my MTC buddies and they're doing great. My new companion is Elder Keller from Kanab Utah. He's been out 10 months. After transfers we got home, ate dinner, and went and tracted these apartment buildings. We knocked into this SUPER nice lady from Moldova. We taught her the Restoration up to prophets (the spirit prompted us to stop there so she could understand it all) and then we asked her to say a prayer. She was super nervous and was like, I'll do one later. I said, "If I say one, will you say one?" 'Well sure I guess.' So I said a prayer, then she said one, and THE SPIRIT WAS SOOOOO STRONG. SHE WAS SO HUMBLE AND SINCERE. After the prayer it was silent for like a minute. I asked "How do you feel?" She was trying to find the words, and said, "I feel really.. hot. right here (center of her chest). It's hot, and pushing and.. it's nice." I said after a little more silence, "That's the Holy Ghost, testifying what we're saying is true, and that God loves you." IT WAS SICK! We're going back tomorrow to teach her the rest. After that lesson we went out and FOUND EVEN MORE PEOPLE TO TEACH.
Friday we had district meeting, then we went and tracted the same apartment complex more. MORE PEOPLE AND MORE LESSONS. We went into 3 apartments who were all WAY different and taught. Saturday the same. Buddhist, Hindu, Evangelical, it was unreal. 9 people who we are teaching this week. It's going to be crazy. I seriously cannot believe how blessed we are to have found these people to teach and how prepared they are. I can't remember what else we did. And i forgot my planner so sorry. :(
The Lord has prepared people for us to teach, and we're starting tonight. Thank you all for all the support, love, and prayers. Thank you for all the letters and everything. This next week I'll actually be 19! AND maybe some more investigators.
This is the Lord's work, and I am just a means by which it comes to pass.
-Elder Hollan

1 comment: